Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two Workouts? Anyone?

Yesterday was a nice easy no impact day. I went to the gym and swam 15 laps. I know...not too impressive, right? Well, the only reason I swim is to build up my lungs. I have athletic asthma AND really small lungs (my doctor said 80 year old cancer patients probably have more lung capacity that I do). The pressure from the water and the thick air in the room makes it hard for me to breathe, so I try to swim every so often to beef up my lungs. My ankles and knees really benefit from a no impact workout too.

Today was my first "two-a-day." This morning I went to yoga. Today we did six or seven Sun Salutations to get warmed up; and I can't even explain how much my legs, back and neck benefited from that. Then we did a series of twists to loosen up our back and squeeze the toxins out of our internal organs. It was fantastic. By far one of the most relaxing Tuesday yoga classes I've even been to.

This afternoon my killer migraine of death returned, so I decided to try working out. I sucked it up, grabbed my iPod and water...then off to LA Fitness I went. It was PACKED! I hopped on the last open bike for a warm up and watched as the treadmills were taken one by one. There were two left when I was done warming up. I chose one between two running people instead on one between two walking people. The stupid thing wouldn't let me do any workout besides "QuickStart." So, after a few frustrating minutes I gave in and just pressed the button. I ran my 2.5 miles in 25 minutes and wished I didn't have to be home for dinner. I ran faster today than I have been lately and could've kept going. I guess that's more motivation to find my dream job and get back out of Mom and Dad's, right?

Tomorrow if everything goes as expected I will do a huge glycogen depletion workout. I'll fill you in on the awesomeness tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment