Friday, January 29, 2010

Banished to the Indoors...Again...

Mother Nature hates me. Sunday's amazing run outside was a HUGE tease. I'm pretty sure Greenwood hasn't seen anything above freezing since then. *sighs*

Monday was a rest day, followed by....a rest day. I'm lame, I know. I did some stretching at home, but nothing toooo intense. Wednesday was my "attempt" as getting back into things. I did yoga, which was fantastic! I felt like a new woman! Then in the evening...I lifted weights. I hadn't really lifted in awhile, but things went really well. I worked on my arms and back. Then I hopped on the erg. That was gross. I planned on doing 5x500m with the fan on four. Well, I made it two before I called it quits. My body got fatigued really quick. So...I figured I'd fight it off with a run. HA! I died about a half mile in...so sad. I called it quits after that.

Today, Friday, thank goodness. I got off work early, so I got to workout! WOOT! I headed to the gym determined to blow yesterday's crap out of the water. I did. I hopped on the bike for a seven minute warm up, and that was only the beginning. The warm up felt great. I hopped off, did a little bit of stretching, and then was back on for 60 minutes of "random hills." I was happily in front of a TV that was showing ESPN, so I was a happy camper. The minutes ticked by slowly when the resistance was low and my legs were flying. I felt a little out of control, which I don't like, and I think that's why the minutes when by so slowly. As soon as the resistance kicked in just a little bit the minutes flew. My legs were working, I was squinting to read the latest baseball news, and I was sweating. It was glorious! The "hills" were intense! My quads were tight and burning, but I pushed through. If I'm going to survive Mt Adams in Cincinnati there can be no excuses. I will dominate that hill when I get to it.

All in all...Sunday and today rocked my world. The other days were just days. Tomorrow will be even better. I know it! Happy Friday night everyone! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment