Monday, February 15, 2010

If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It


Well, as you all know...my left ankle hates me. The picture is my ankle wrapped in my awesome flexible ankle brace. It's like a glorified ace bandage with Velcro honestly. It's made life much better at work, at yoga, and around the house. To be honest, I don't know what I did to hurt it besides walk around for 8 hours a day for my sales job last year, and stand around for 8 hours a day for my deli job now. I also ran in old shoes when I lived in AZ, so maybe that was part of it. I did take 4 months off from running, and 3 of those months I wasn't working either...so I'm at a loss.

The weirdest thing is, it doesn't hurt when I run. It hurts like crazy when I walk around after a run, but not during...I do believe my new shoes are part of the reason. Running in my old shoes doesn't leave me in as much pain later. Here's why I'm blaming my new shoes. For the first time since 2003 I branched out and got a different shoe to run in. I got not only a different style, but a different company. I went with Mizunos. I've worn them before for other things, and really liked them. But, as the lady at the Running Company said..."if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I should've stayed with my one and only love in running shoes, Asics Kayanos. I will be getting some in a few weeks, because for my feet, there is nothing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment